top of page
  • Megan Deeter

Thursday Tip Of The Week - Why You Should Be On TikTok!

Updated: Jun 1, 2022

Belltower Advertising discusses why you should be on TikTok as a brand.

What is TikTok?

TikTok is a video-driven social media platform that is most popular amongst the youngest targeted demographic. Similar to YouTube, but focused on short-form video, content creators share stories, tips and tricks, jokes, and use the platform to push their political, religious, lifestyle ideologies. In short, anything and everything can be found on TikTok.

Why would a business want to be here?

Views. Brand Awareness. Sales. To put it mildly, you should be wherever your audience is, and your audience is on TikTok. 47% of users are aged 10-29. With engaging content, you can reach not only your current customer, but future customers. AND the other 53% of the users are aged 29+. The platform is growing fast and to get in now, you’ll beat your competition.

How do I create engaging content?

Start with introducing yourself and your business. The best content is real people, real talk, unscripted. You don’t have to worry about some hilarious prank to go viral, just start with the basics. Explain your company and what you do. Then start with educational videos. For example, if you’re a financial advisor, start with videos that define terms or answer a common sense question that will give just enough to get users interested, but not enough to not pay for your services. And don’t forget, organic content shouldn’t be “push” 100% of the time. Don’t end every video with a sales line.

Do I have to dance?

Nope! While the platform is known for fun choreographic dances, no one is going to expect Mr. Wall Street to be doing a dance. However, if you want a quick boost in views, it couldn’t hurt! Kidding! But the point is to have fun and focus more on what your audience wants to hear. This is a high funnel sales tactic for most businesses. And stay with it!

20 views0 comments


bottom of page